When you host a private or corporate event, you would want to make it a memorable event for your guests. What’s the best way you can do to make your guests leave with a smile? Hire a celebrity, of course! When you have a celebrity performing at your event, it can take the expectations of your guest’s several notches higher than it was already.
What is the prerequisite to choosing a booking agency?
Are you looking to hire a celebrity to perform at your event? If yes, you need to approach the right celebrity talent booking agency for the same. Choose a professional celebrity agency that understands your requirements and budget constraints very well. Here are some tips that you can keep in mind during this process:
Know your target audience very well and choose a celebrity that matches the expectations of your guests. For example, if you are hosting a birthday party for your 5-year-old, it doesn’t make sense to hire a comedian or orator. You could hire a popular magician in your locality to light up the eyes of the kids present at the birthday party.
How can I choose the right booking agency?
Now that you know what type of celebrity you want for your event, you should book the right agency to get that particular type of celebrity. With so many celebrity talent agencies around, how do you know which is the right choice for you? Here are some points you can keep in mind:
- Check the official website of some of the celebrity agencies in your locality to know more details about their social media profiles.
- Do some groundwork on their social media profiles to know how interactive their account is and how engaging they are with their clients.
- Check for their past dealings to know the talent pool of celebrities that they have supplied for their customers in previously.
- You can engage in community forum discussions with people, who have worked with the agency before, to know more about the approach of the celebrity agency.
- Check the niche of talent that the celebrity agency deals with. If you are looking for magicians, it would be best if you choose an agency that deals with magicians and performs at kids’ parties.
- Get the details of at least three celebrity agencies that deal in the talent niche you require, discuss your requirements with them, and choose one based on the transparency and integrity in their contract terms.
Are you planning to book a celebrity for an event that you are hosting? What would you do when you have a celebrity in mind? You will not be able to contact a celebrity directly because of his/her busy schedules and tight security. The best option for you, in this case, is to approach the entertainment booking agency that takes care of the events and appearances of the celebrity that you have in mind.
What are the main duties of an entertainment booking agency?
You might have seen specific agents assigned to different celebrities. Have you ever wondered about the daily job profiles of the agents working in these professional entertainment agencies? Here is a brief overview of the main roles and responsibilities of entertainment agencies:
- Analyzing events, shows and other appearances that are being offered to the celebrities
- Continuously dealing with advertisement agencies to sign up suitable endorsements for the celebrities and increase their marketability
- Assigning different celebrities to different events after matching their talents with the type of events offered for them
- Having discussions with people like you who come to book a celebrity, about important matters such as the celebrity’s price for performing at your event, nature of performance, type of target audience that the celebrity will cater to, duration of the celebrity’s appearance and so on
- Negotiating with people about the cost, travel, accommodation and all other details of the celebrity to ensure that the celebrity gets the best treatment and deal
- Accepting commissions as a one-time fee or as a percentage of the client’s (celebrity’s) earnings as per the terms of the contract
- Looking for new markets and expansion opportunities for the celebrity and the agency
What is the basic educational qualification required to become an entertainment booking agent
Now that you have understood the basic roles of entertainment agents, here are the details of the qualification you should have to become one. As long as you have the confidence to start an entertainment agency, and have the essential communication skills to pull it off, you don’t need any mandatory educational degree.
However, it would be good if you have a marketing degree from a good college or university. This will lend you credibility when you approach celebrities with a sales pitch for your agency. You should always have your client’s requirements in your mind and work towards improving his/her image if you want to become a good agent.